Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Company: Fenix International Uganda Limited
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline: Rolling
Reporting to: Customer Services Manager
Who we are as Fenix
Fenix International is a for-profit corporation and the creator of affordable, Pay-To-Own renewable energy products that empower those living off-grid.
Over 34m people in Uganda are off-grid, which equates to 6.2m households who have no access to power and instead depend on kerosene for light and local businesses for phone charging. To address this, Fenix International has developed ReadyPay, a new Pay-To-Own Solar Power System. Coming in a range of kits, ReadyPay Power Systems are designed to provide clean light, phone charging, entertainment and more for those living off-grid.
Each ReadyPay is unique in that it contains lock-out technology, and, together with MTN Mobile Money, it allows a customer to take a solar power system home for a small down payment from just $15. Customers then “top up” their ReadyPay through MTN Mobile Money payments (starting from $0.40 per day). Each time a payment is made via Mobile Money, their ReadyPay Solar Power System is unlocked for a set period of time. Customers will then eventually own their ReadyPay systems after making continuous mobile money payments for a period 18 months.
Fenix prides itself on always putting the customer first; the Customer Service Representatives are at the forefront of providing world class customer service to our ReadyPay customer across Uganda. As the main point of contact, the role is to deal with and help resolve any customer complaints while giving the best possible customer experience as well as going beyond their call of duty when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Creating a Positive Customer Experience
- Receiving customer and treat them with respect and dignity
- Receive incoming calls from Fenix customers
- Be empathetic and compassionate while dealing and managing customers complaints
- Educate and emphasis to customers about the finance agreement they are signing and the commitment they are making with Fenix.
- Exercise patience with customers and make sure to follow up on all customer issues until they are fully resolved.
- Make courtesy calls to Fenix customers as may be required.
- Endeavor to give all Fenix customers great end to end customer experience
- Relationship management to increase client retention
- Always enter accurate and honest information into the Fenix data systems.
- Capture data of high quality that can be used to better serve our customers.
- Learn all product details, specifications, prices, and capabilities so as to be equipped with all product information
- Always provide accurate product information to customers and never oversell or lie to customers about our product capabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues with ReadyPay and other Accessories
- Should be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the customer finance agreement
- Take initiative to continuously improve your product knowledge and soft customer service skills to better serve our customers and develop your career.
- Escalate unresolved issues or questions to your immediate supervisor.
- Support in building Fenix conducive environment for both internal and external customers
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Assist in Sales/Cross Selling
- Through creating good rapport with existing customers, he/she should be able to identify new sales leads and communicate to the sales team
- Cross selling to existing customers
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- 1-2 years of work or internship experience serving people in a rural community based setting
- Should be fluent in at least 3 or more local languages
- Conversant with use of computers
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Should demonstrate both verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Please fill out the form on this page or send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Customer Service Representative.” In the cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1) What working experience have you had and how will it prepare you for this role?
2) What other skills and experience will you bring to Fenix?
3) What do you think are the top two considerations for Fenix’s customers?
4) How would you ensure consistent customer service experience for Fenix customers?
Fenix offers a competitive salary, an exciting, fun work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.